As a part of our commitment to transparency and open communication with our community, we are pleased to include our non-discrimination policy and public notices for your review.
District Non-Discrimination Statement
The Corcoran Unified School District prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. This applies to all acts related to a school activity or school attendance within a school under the jurisdiction of the superintendent of the school district. All school personnel will take immediate steps to intervene when safe to do so when he or she witnesses an act of discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying.
All complaints regarding discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics will remain confidential.
All complainants are protected from retaliation and the identity of a complainant remains confidential.
For further information regarding complaint procedures, contact Rich Merlo, Superintendent, Corcoran Unified School District, 1520 Patterson Avenue, Corcoran CA 93212, at (559) 992.8888.
For your convenience, you can also read this information in Spanish.
Williams Uniform Complaint Procedure
- There should be sufficient textbooks and instructional materials. For there to be sufficient textbooks and instructional materials, each pupil, including English learners, must have a textbook or instructional material, or both, to use in class and to take home.
- School facilities must be clean, safe, and maintained in good repair.
- There should be no teacher vacancies or misassignments. There should be a teacher assigned to each class and not a series of substitutes or other temporary teachers. The teacher should have the proper credential to teach the class, including the certification required to teach English learners, if present. Teacher vacancy means a position to which a single designated certificated employee has not been assigned at the beginning of the year for an entire year, or if the position is for a one-semester course, a position to which a single designated certificated employee has not been assigned at the beginning of a semester for an entire semester.
- Misassignment means the placement of a certificated employee in a teaching or services position for which the employee does not hold a legally recognized certificate or credential or the placement of a certificated employee in a teaching or services position that the employee is not otherwise authorized by statute to hold.
- Pupils, including English learners, who have not passed one or both parts of the high school exit examination by the end of grade 12 are to be provided the opportunity to receive intensive instruction and services for up to two consecutive academic years after the completion of grade 12.
Parents may obtain a Uniform Complaint Procedure form at any of our school offices or the district office. You may also download a copy from the side of this page.
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
For your convenience, view the complete statement in English and Spanish.
Supplemental Services History
We are committed to providing students the services they need to succeed.
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Parental Notification Letter Regarding Alternative Supports and Public School Choice for the 2016-17 School Year
- Carta de Notificación para los Padres Acerca de los Apoyos Alternativos y la Opción de Escuela Pública para el año Escolar 2016-2017
- Title I Supplemental Services History